Saturday, August 23, 2008

Goodbye Mom and Dad!






My parents recently left for a mission to Singapore. They will be serving as public affairs missionaries and will cover Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia. As public affairs missionaries their primary responsibility will be to create relationships between these countries and the church so that more doors might be opened to spread the gospel over there. We miss them soooo much but are so proud of the work they are doing. It was an incredible sacrifice for them to leave all their Grandbabies and us kids at home, but they are firm in their faith that there is no better way they could bless our lives as their children than going and serving the Lord. Love you mom and dad!!!

10 comments:

Jayne Layne said...

SAD! I heard they were going! I bet that is so hard. What a great thing though. I know I will be so sad when my parents go on one.

PS are we ever going to see each other or speak! SHEEESH!

Aubrey Messick said...

Elder and Sister Anderson are the coooooolest!

Kass Martin said...

How great. What a great couple and great family. I love the Anderson.

Lisanne Lee said...

Missing them for you! Such a bitter-sweet feeling. Love you.

Jenn said...

I'm sure Jude is going to miss those grandbabies but she will be so great with all the many people she meets. My favorite memory of Judy was when she called me a wizard. Your parents are fantastic and will be such an asset to that mission!

I hope you're baking away with all those farm fresh eggs... yum!

Kari said...

Your family is so amazing! What a great thing for your parents to serve a mission! I can't wait for the day that Ryan and I can do the same!

Jess Perry said...

How awesome...I do agree though. Such a bitter sweet feeling!! They will be awesome though and the people of Singapore are lucky to have them!

Kate Brotherson said...

Lily is so big. Can I PLEASE babysit her one day. I just want her all to myself. You can go run errands or read a book or whatever. Just let me get that sweet pea!

Laura-Lu said...

Our deepest apologies for not having you on our list! I thought for sure we did. I think it's because you were on the people we LOVE list. It's a step higher than people we like :)

Broadbent Family said...

I bet that was so hard Ash.A mission is so long for those left behind. They are going to be so amazing though--I can't imagine the energy they are taking to that mission. It will be fun to hear stories--you'll have to keep us updated. Love you guys. We are thinking about you and praying for you.