Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Valentines Day... a little early!!!



Well, this year... I decided that I wanted to take my little family on my dream trip for Valentines Day. I have literally been dreaming of California for months now (ok, really its been Hawaii, but since we can't come close to affording that trip we will have to settle for California) No, but seriously... If the cost of living wasn't so high, I would seriously consider moving there. But anyways... California here we come!!!!

So starting on February 14th, 2008 our travel itinerary includes the following:

1. WICKED (just got done buying the tickets!)
I have just heard that this musical is amazing for far too long. My wife has blasted the soundtrack and it is time to finally see this story come to life!

2. DISNEYLAND!!!
Ok, ok... we know Lily isn't old enough to enjoy this part... that is why we are leaving her with a sitter. But Ash and I are kids at heart and for some strange reason have had this overwhelming desire to go to Disneyland since the day we got married... this was a large part of the inspiration for this trip!!!

3. BABY ZEEDIK
We are going to see our friends Brit and Matt Zeedik and their new addition!! Lily has been waiting for her friend to get here and now the time has finally come.

4. The Biff
(Miss Allie Hobbins) lives there now, and we miss her too much. So we have to see her.

5. And of course... the Hunter Clan! Lily is so excited to see Aunt Kimmy (they share the same birthday...)

This is our one moment of splurging on a trip! But we figure its now or never... reality is going to kick in soon enough, and trips like this will not happen as frequently. We are soooo excited. Expect some fun pictures soon! Goodbye Snow... hello SUNSHINE!!!

15 comments:

Bree said...

Hey, don't feel bad about Hawaii- I wish we could even afford to go to California right now! You two are very lucky! Enjoy your trip!

Kari said...

AAAAAhhhhh....Take me with you!!!

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! If you get some free time (which might not happen), give us a call. We'd love to catch up, and meet Lily!!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

andrew misses Lily too......he would love to go on a date with her:) Let's do something it's been awhile!

Shannon said...

I love wicked!! You guys will be singing it for weeks afterwards... that is so exciting!!!

Jamie said...

i am SO jealous...i was born in anahiem and raised in murrieta...i am a true cali girl and am so sick of this dang snow! ah! have so much fun you guys!!!

Aubrey Messick said...

So fun! I might try and tag along with the BIFF when you're here so I can meet Lily!!! I hope the weather here is beautiful when you come! :)

engemann said...

I just got back from L.A. It was so warm and lovely! You guys will have so much fun. Bret and I have also been seriously considering moving to Los angeles. Lets all migrate please.

Kass Martin said...

How fun. I know you guys will have a blast at Disneyland. We went in Nov and it was so fun. The whole day I just kept saying in my head "this really is the happiest place on earth" We loved it and are going again in May :) Woo Hoo!

Unknown said...

I just went to Wicked a few months ago and it was AMAZING! And the theater is so beautiful. The weather is much warmer then Utah, you're going to love it!

Whitney said...

Ashley- I found your blog through Britnee's. Your baby is adorable and it was fun seeing what you are up to. Congratulations on your baby. Whitney (Evans) Topham

Lisanne Lee said...

SOOOOOOOO Jealous! Can I be your stowaway? What?! Baby Zeedik was born so early? How'd I miss the early due date boat? I'm hoppin' on next go around.

Will miss you.

...Who can top that?

Jami Stevenson said...

I can't wait for you to see Wicked! And remember when Derik and I met you and Matt on your trip to Disneyland and went to dinner. I think it was right before your mission...or maybe after, I can't remember, but it was fun.

Aubrey Messick said...

Yeah! I just talked to Allie and we're gonna babysit little Lil together. I'm so excited! :)

The Zeediks said...

SO SO SO good to see you!! I love your family and Halle got to be with her first friend. (Besides Matthew and I of course) But her first friend her age!! We are so glad you came. Love you! And move here. Listen to angie... Migrate.