Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's a SMALL WORLD!!!



A little over three years ago I got back from my mission. I served in Sendai Japan and loved my time there! I had a lot of companions that were from the States and I had two companions from Australia. My little brother Matt got his mission call to Brisbane Australia and has loved his experience thus far. It was shocking to me to recieve a letter from my brother informing me that my former companion (that I had TWICE) Elder Ngtai was his ward mission leader!!! Elder Ngtai is the man, we had a blast together, we served as Assistants under President Bird together and it has been fun exchanging emails and catching back up. He is the father of two and seems to be doing really well. As if this wasn't a small enough coincidence...
a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgaspStw2gURtJUn6uxKZu1mDcRhw6ZNYFv4Bt9Y871Gl0dfJ7hUh5lyDSrbXKE5oM4hrYdThH9E80ganFmRUa7Bt0o4NyO91WPAtZqXdKITElsxZSsFNQ5fCFOVNd_PdfKhBycNkfikSxQ/s1600-h/Elder+Semaan+JAPAN.JPG">
The last picture is at a Zone Leader Conference. The Elder right below me (we are both wearing pink ties) is Elder Semaan. He was my last companion in the mission home. He is also from Australia and was visiting his brother who just so happens to be in the same ward that Matt (Elder Lefrandt) is serving in!

It has been extremely fun for me to see Matt interacting and doing missionary work with two of the Elders that I loved most. They were both amazing missionaries and are good friends. Elder Ngtai often saves Matt when they are out of food and will bring a loaf of bread over, and has gone tracting with him on a couple of occasions. They both told Matt that he is just like me, and when we talked to Matt on Mothers day he says it is shocking that I act a lot like them! We all seem to be rubbing off on each-other. It truly is a small world after all...

3 comments:

christensen crew said...

That is remarkable! Wow...How awesome for Matt to make that connection out there so far from home! I bet it feels so great to talk to someone who knows family when you are a million miles from family! I am glad that cute Matt is doing so well. WE love him.:) You are a good older bro Jon!

Tiffany said...

Hey Ash! Just thought I would check your blog and say hi. Lily is too cute. Time goes so fast! I love the spray tan pictures. Anyway, hope all is well. Here is my email since you are going private.. bentleyjayne@yahoo.com you can check out our blog at www.bindelfamily.blogspot.com Hope you are doing well!

matt, camee, tyty, kaylee and jayce said...

NAZAKASHIIIIIIIIII!!!! i can't believe that?!?!? They haven't changed a bit! for real, that is awesome!! what a small world :o) i miss my Sendai fam!! i FINALLY started to post my japan pictures....go check them out! i'm sure you'll have a little nazakashii moment or two :O) oh ps, Lily is ADORABLE!!!!! jaa ne!