Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday To The Love of My Life!

So this is my first official post. Jon has done absolutely everything up to this point, but I decided I couldn’t let his birthday pass without a tribute to him to let him know how much I love him. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think that Jon was absolutely made for me. I can’t possibly write all the reasons why I love him, so here are just a few…
• Each and every day he gets out of bed with a resolve to accomplish as much as he can in that day and gets to work. He never lacks the motivation to become the best version of himself that he can possibly be and is constantly striving to reach his full potential.
• One of the things I love and adore most about Jon is how he always makes sure he makes time for me and Lily. He has one of the busiest schedules of anyone I know between his school schedule, work, and now he’s just taken on a new internship, but I never feel second. His priority is his family and he lets us know that every day.
• Jon is so thoughtful. It amazes me how he pays attention to everything I say and then the evidence shows up in a gift, or a treat I’ve been craving or just something I simply need. He is always taking time to think of my needs and wants and fulfills them for me.
• He is the BEST gift wrapper you’ve ever seen. Every package that he turns out looks like it’s straight out of a magazine. I’ve taken many gift wrapping lessons from my husband, and I’m proud to say I now take pride in my gift wrapping abilities…however I still don’t hold a candle to him.
• He is the cutest Dad in the whole world. He has an ability to make Lily laugh in a way that nobody else can. She can tell when her Daddy walks in the room. My favorite is when she just stares at him. It’s like she may have forgotten about him while he’s been gone all day but the second he shows up she looks at him and knows he’s someone special. And then he begins to speak to her and play with her and then she remembers…it’s her Daddy, and the world is perfect again.
• He always helps around the house. Almost every day he’s picking up my slack. He’ll fold the last batch of laundry, do the dishes, unload the dishwasher, straighten up the house, make the bed, and even cook dinner if I didn’t get to it. It may not be more than grilled cheese and tomato soup, but he’s always willing and never complains.
• He is such an example to me! He truly is strong in all of the areas I’m weak. I never worry about anything because I know he’ll always take care of me. I have the kind of confidence in my husband that I always had in my dad as a child. The kind that is pure and unwavering. As stressed as he can get about life and how he will provide and how he will accomplish all he has to do, I never worry. He has all the capabilities and attributes of a successful person. Not just financially, but physically, spiritually and emotionally. He puts the most important things first and knows that the rest will fall into place.

Happy Birthday Honey! I love you more than you will ever know!

6 comments:

Jayne Layne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN! You are a great man!

christensen crew said...

Jon, Happy Birthday!
Wow, you are such a stud! I just adore you and Ash so much. This was such a sweet post Ashley, it is all so true of Jon. His mama raised him right it sounds like! Go Di! Dishes, laundry, cooking, gift wrapping-- all along with the many handy man skills from Harold?! Pretty sweet package you've got there Ashley! Give him hugs and kisses from Kate and Steve!

Kyle Peterson said...

So maybe this is why I have never heard back from you, cause your husband does all the work. I was giving up hope you didn't remember who I was, with our drives to squaw peak on the happy bumps in your expedition listening to Dixie Chicks. If you actually get to read this then "well hello". So you suggest that Wicked is better in L.A.? Cause we are going to New York at the end of the month and that was on my list. But we live in San Diego so maybe we should just go to the L.A. one and see something different in New York. What do you suggest? From Brit 2 the Max/Peterson

Shanna said...

Happy birthday Jon! Ashley, You sure said some nice things about your other half! You two sound happy with eachother and Ashely you deserve every bit of it! You do!!!!!

Kyle Peterson said...

Ash I loved that reversal. It was the longest reversal I have ever experienced, like a mile long and didn't it squeak and squeal my oreo tires. And we couldn't get our laughs out, it was silent for a while, and painful to my stomach! Those wear good ol' times, I miss the fest! And tell me where can you get quality driving lessons like that? No where else I tell ya!

Taryn said...

Aww... Happy Birthday Jonny! You have a great wife.